Thursday, April 21, 2011

Bubbles

Oh dear.

I have had my D200 camera body for years and years and loved it and stroked it and called it George.  It always did well for me and was a great workhorse.  However - time and technology has gone by and with the new abilities of higher ISOs and better sensors to measure exposure, it was time to bite the bullet and upgrade.

Enter the D700.  Now, I realize I'm late to this game, in fact it's any day now that Nikon will announce the next model to "replace" the D700, so ya...  I'm a slowpoke.  But I did it, dang it and boy am I happy I did.  I have been sick with what I'm certain is the Plague since my new precious arrived, so I haven't really had a chance to get to the nitty gritty with it, but tonight I whipped it out while Kayla played with her bubbles and I'm very impressed.

These were all taken at 1000 ISO (I couldn't go over 400 with the D200 without considerable noise) and NO flash.  Again, I'm late to the party with the ISO ability, but man...  what a great ability!  My mind is blown that I can now take pictures indoors without a flash.  Blown I say!


The inevitable "cheese face" that appears when I pull out a camera


Lordy - let's look past that hair, shall we?  At any rate, I am impressed with these simple snapshots and I can't wait to play with my gracious volunteer subjects to really play with this bad boy!  Maybe someday this Plague will let up.  Hmph.


0 comments:

Post a Comment